The Magic of Thinking Big
Everybody who knows me knows that I’m a voracious reader.
One of my favorite books I have in my personal library is “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David Schwartz.
You can get the book clicking here:
Everybody should have this book.
This book can greatly help you in building the right frame of mind and the right attitude conducive to accomplishing your musical goals with lesser effort.
Following are only a couple of the many hundreds of amazing insights you learn from reading the book.
- Success is not as much defined by the size of one’s brain, as it is by the size of one’s thinking
- Think big and you will live big
- Life is too short to be little (the great philosopher Disraeli)
- When you believe you can do something, the “how-to” presents itself
- Belief, strong belief, triggers the mind to figure out ways and means how-to. And strongly believing makes others place confidence in you.
- Be super-confident: believe you are among the best, and you will act like you are.
- A person is a product of his own thoughts
- Take more initiative
- I am much better than I think I am
- ACTION CURES FEAR: indecision and postponement fertilize fear. Do not hesitate: take action… get things done.
- You are what you think you are: think more of yourself and there is more of you.
- Have your own commercial, where you sell yourself to yourself. Read it every day.
I actually have this hanging above my desk in my teaching studio. (Replace my name with yours) 🙂
Vreny Van Elslande meet Vreny Van Elslande – an important, a really important person.
Vreny, you’re a big thinker, so think big. Think Big about Everything. You’ve got plenty of ability to do a first-class job, so do a first-class job.
Vreny, you believe in Happiness, Progress, and Prosperity.
So, talk only about Happiness,
Talk only Progress
Talk only Prosperity.
YOU are a winner Vreny. And you’re always going to win.
You have lots of drive, Vreny… LOTS of drive.
So put that drive to work. Nothing can stop you, Vreny, nothing.
Vreny, you’re enthusiastic. Let your enthusiasm show through.
You look good Vreny, and you feel good. Stay that way.
Vreny Van Elslande, you were a great fellow yesterday and you’re going to be an even greater fellow today. Now go to it, Vreny. Go Forward.
- Cement in your mind the question: “Is this the way an important person does it?”
- Prolonged association with negative people makes us think negatively.
- Recondition yourself for success.
- Enthusiasm makes other people enthusiastic. Results come in proportion to enthusiasm applied
- Tell the good news to people. NEVER tell bad news… keep it buried. It is pointless to spread the less amusing things that happened. It only worries your family and it does not accomplish anything.
- Practice relieving worriers.
- Always ask yourself the question: “Does that person honestly feel better because he/she has talked with me?”
- Every individual IS important. People do more for you when they feel important. Make people feel important!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Don’t focus on money, but focus on service. Money then will grow fast and take care of itself.
- In a large group of people: the most important person present is the one person most active in introducing himself.
- Always make sure the other person gets your name straight… and always make sure you pronounce the name of the other person exactly like it is supposed to.
- Like the people you work with: when I genuinely and sincerely like the person I have in front of me, then sooner or later he/she will like me as well.
- The more successful person is the one who encourages other people to do all the talking.
- Don’t waste time getting ready to act: ACT NOW!!!
- You lose when you try to fight petty people. Fighting little people reduces you to their size. Stay big. Also: expect to be sniped at: it is proof that you’re growing.
- When an argument or quarrel seems inevitable: THINK BIG.
Successfully resist the temptation to argue and quarrel by:
Asking yourself: “Honestly now, is this thing really important enough to argue about?”
Reminding yourself, you never gain anything from an argument but you always lose something.
This book is jam-packed with amazing, inspiring insights like the above.
Reading this book will totally help you become more successful in your guitar and music goals. it definitely helped me achieve many of my goals more effortlessly.
Beyond your music goals, the book will also make your life “easier”.
Moreover: It’s a fun read.
Hit me up anytime at email@example.com if you have any questions, or if you would like to book a lesson.
These free lessons are cool, but you will never experience the progress, joy, and results that my students experience in lessons when you’re learning by yourself from blogs and videos.
That is why people take lessons: way better results and progress, much more complete information, exposed to way more creative ideas than you can get from a blog or YouTube video.
There is only so much that self-study can accomplish.
If you want to see amazing results and progress in your guitar playing, buy your first lesson here and get started ASAP.
You’ll impress your friends and loved ones in no time with your guitar playing!
Consider donating any small amount to help me keep this blog going.
Thank you for your support!