How The Zen Saying “Through 1 Thing Know 10 Thousand Things” Applies to Studying Music
This is a famous Zen Buddhism saying.
Through the study of guitar… you will:
- Learn the importance of not being a perfectionist.
- Become a better listener
- Become more intuitive.
- Become more aware.
- Be more present and in the moment.
- Learn how to interact and cooperate better (ensemble playing)
- Become a better communicator.
- Become a leader
- Learn when to lead and when to follow.
- Learn to share.
- Learn everything there is to know about community and social interaction.
- Learn and grow self discipline
- Become more persistent.
- Grow tolerance and deeper understanding.
- Connect better.
- Learn who you really are
- Learn how to control emotions through the study of tension and resolution in music
- Become more intelligent and learn how to continuously grow one’s intelligence
- Become better coordinated. Better dancer.
- Become more in tune
- Learn more patience. You can’t force progress
- Through the growth of that patience, become more at ease and at peace
- Learn the importance of timing and improve your timing.
- Become more tactful and mindful. With mastery of timing… comes tact.
- Learn how to bring more happiness to your and other’s lives.
- Learn how to move people, emotionally and physically.
- Constantly raise the bar and your standards.
- You will become freer, better able to just improvise in the moment.
In other words: everything there is to know about yourself, your life, the universe, etc, can be learned through the study of guitar.
Hit me up anytime at email@example.com if you have any questions, or if you would like to book a lesson.
These free lessons are cool, but you will never experience the progress, joy, and results that my students experience in lessons when you’re learning by yourself from blogs and videos.
That is why people take lessons: way better results and progress, much more complete information, exposed to way more creative ideas than you can get from a blog or YouTube video.
There is only so much that self-study can accomplish.
If you want to see amazing results and progress in your guitar playing, buy your first lesson here and get started ASAP.
You’ll impress your friends and loved ones in no time with your guitar playing!
Consider donating any small amount to help me keep this blog going.
Thank you for your support!