Vreny was born and raised in Belgium in the 70s and 80s. He grew up listening to The Beatles, The Bee …
OBJECTIVES: Offer my broad and versatile musical training and expertise in guitar, engineering, production, …
Vreny Van Elslande was born 14th June 1971, in the medieval Flemish town of Ypres in Belgium, under the crazy, …
My Favorite Things!!!
Taste: vanilla Drink: Vanilla Milkshake Color: Blue Guitar: Suhr guitars, from John Suhr Beer: Rodenbach (the …
44 Random Facts about Vreny
1. Born and raised: 14th June 1971, at 6am in Ieper (Ypres), Flanders (Belgium) 2. His sign: Gemini, with …
Testimonials from Students, Fans & Fellow Musicians
1. "On another note, I wanted to tell you what an incredible person you are. Your patience and enthusiasm …
VRENY VAN ELSLANDE
- Offer my broad and versatile musical training and expertise in guitar, engineering, production, composition, arranging, performance, guitar teaching and music education to contribute to the growth of the company or business that hires me.
|1990-1998||Municipal Academy of Music & Word Ypres||Ypres, Belgium|
- Diploma, Performance Classical guitar, Classical Composition
- Recipient of Special Award Jan Decadt for outstanding achievement as a classical performer
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude
|1998-2002||Berklee College of Music||Boston, MA|
- B.M., Performance
- B.M., Music Production and Engineering
- Member of the Deanâ€™s Club and The Presidentâ€™s Club in Berklee
- Recipient of Belgian Governmental Scholarship
- Recipient of Berklee College of Music "B.E.S.T Award"
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude for both degrees
|2003||Musician’s Institute||Hollywood, CA|
- 10-week Encore Program
- Awarded a full scholarship for this special non-certificate program.
|1992-1998||Private Guitar Instructor||Ypres, Belgium|
|Freelance guitar instruction and music teacher|
- Gave private-instruction in my teaching-studio, specialized in rock-styles, jazz and classical. Some of my former students now are top-students in the best Conservatories in Belgium and Holland (references available upon request).
|2000-2001||Wellspring Studio||Actun, MA|
|Freelance Producer/ Arranger|
- Produced Boston-based band "Quest" and demos for different artists.
|2001||OceanMysth Studios||Ypres, Belgium|
|Artist / Producer|
- Release of my self-produced EP "Millennium".
|2002||Performed with female artist "Kimberlee"||Los Angeles, CA|
|Back-up musician in Kimberleeâ€™s band|
- Performed on numerous important shows, including Beverly Hills HardRock Cafe and live on CBS television (show “Eye Of The Desert”) in Palm Springs.
|Dec. 2002||Renowned Belgian metal band "Edgecrusher"||Gent, Belgium|
|Freelance mix engineer / session guitarist / production advisor|
- Was hired as a mix engineer and session guitarist for European metalband Edgecrusherâ€™s upcoming 2nd album "Impressions of Mankind", recorded in renowned Belgian "Studio 13".
|2003||Bryan Farrish Radio Promotion||Sherman Oaks, CA|
- Hands-on experience in radio-promotion: handling phone-calls with radio-stations, record-labels and artists, database entry, handling of all mailings, client prospecting, promoting artists
|2003||Private Guitar Instructor||Los Angeles, CA|
- Offering full-time private guitar instruction in any style or performance technique, in my teaching studio.
|2003||Music Teacher’s Network||Los Angeles, CA|
- Became special instructor with this New York based company, which is specialized in offering top-quality private music/instrument instruction to exceptionally gifted music-students, at their houses (references available upon request).
|2003||Happy All Day, Inc.||Los Angeles, CA|
- Provided my services as a live-sound engineer in rehearsals and all live performances of musical productions “The Sound of Music”, “Grease”; and &”The Music Man”, musical projects of “Creative Kids Youth Theater”.
|2003||Freelance Session Guitarist||Los Angeles, CA|
- Provided my services as a session guitarist on numerous sessions, including the recording of the EP "TOBY" of artist Toby Madigan, which got airplay on numerous college radio stations nation wide.
- Featured performing with the Ezina Moore Band, niece of Bobby Womack. Ezina Moore’s music is played a lot on MTV world wide.
|2004||Sound Engineer/ Sound Director||Los Angeles, CA|
- Creative Kid’s Youth Theater: worked as the sound director/engineer for all the 2004 shows/performances of this youth theater.
|2005||Performer and Session Guitarist||Los Angeles, CA|
- Played guitar on 1 song released on an obscure album for upcoming talent in SoCal. Leah Hanna King’s song “Man I Never Knew” was released on that album. I play acoustic guitar on that track.
- Played guitar on the new Matt Konfirst release “War of Righteousness&”, released Oct. 2006.
- Played numerous sold-out shows in Belgium and Holland with a highly acclaimed Jimi Hendrix Tribute project.
- My song "Shred Demo" received radio airplay in Belgium and Holland on "On The Rocks", and received major push from famed rock DJ John Bobo Bollenberg.
|2006||Performer and session guitarist||Los Angeles, CA|
- Played all major clubs in Hollywood, Los Angeles and SoCal with Cory Phillips Superlove, including: the Whisky A GoGo, BB Kings, The Mint, The Good Hurt, Highland Grounds, Room 5, Genghiz Cohen, The Derby, 14Below, The Loop, The Cat Club, Rainbow Room, the Roxy, etc.
- Played guitar on Cory Phillips’ new album released Spring 2007. Cory Phillips is a rising star in SoCal, receiving lots of press for his unique blend of the soul with rock, and his superb 9-piece band.
- Played guitar on 2 tracks on the new Amel Larrieux release “Morning”, available in all music stores nationwide and internationally, and currently receiving heavy rotation on radio stations and on MTV internationally.
- Produced, engineered, and played guitar on the Derek Taylor Kent album “Why is the Lights On?”. Album was released in 2007, and was entirely recorded in my home studio.
- Played guitar in the History Channel documentary “Declassified” in the episode on bounty hunting that was aired on TV in Summer 2006
|2007||Performer, session guitarist, producer and educator||Los Angeles, CA|
- Am writing a unique guitar instructional book, showcasing my unique guitar instruction approach, which is planned to be released summer 2014.
- Languages: Flemish, Dutch, French, English, some German.
- Fluid in many musical performance styles (rock, blues, metal, fusion, progressive, funk, jazz, and classical) and guitar-techniques.
- Proficient in: Protools, Digital Performer, Peak , Finale.
- Well-developed leadership and communication skills.
- Strong transcription skills.
- Chess, computers, soccer, reading, spirituality, psychology, languages, history, cultures, traveling.