I saw this article about the 10 most expensive guitars ever sold in British newspaper The Telegraph a while ago, and wanted to share it with you here.
This is cool guitar stuff.
The article lists
- Leo Fender’s first prototype for the Telecaster
- Eric Clapton’s gold plated Stratocaster for Fender’s 50th Birthday
- George Harrison and John Lennon’s 1964 Gibson SG
- Stevie Ray Vaughn’s 1965 Stratocaster “Lenny”
- Eric Clapton’s 1939 CF Martin
- Eric Clapton’s 1964 Gibson ES0335 TDC
- Eric Clapton’s hybrid Stratocaster “Blackie”
- Bob Marley’s custom Washburn 22 Series Hawk, which the Jamaican government classified as a national asset
- Jimi Hendrix’s 1968 Stratocaster that he played at Woodstock in 1969
- The “Reach Out To Asia” for tsunami victims Stratocaster signed by tons of rock stars.
You can read more info and see awesome pictures of the 10 guitars in the Telegraph article HERE
I thought this was too cool and awesome not to share it. 🙂
Be on the look out for more blogs about everything guitar, music, songwriting and music education.
Meanwhile: give this blog a rating and give me your feedback in the comments section below. I believe everything can always be improved, and I gladly would implement your suggestions and ideas in this blog or the next.